Sewer Service Area/Water Quality Management Reviews
The Bay-Lake Regional Planning Commission is a 'Designated 208 Water Quality Planning Agency' and, as such, is required to review public and private sanitary sewer extensions and laterals for conformance with areawide water quality management plans in the areas in and around the cities of Marinette (Marinette County), Manitowoc (Manitowoc County), Two Rivers (Manitowoc County), and Shebygan (Sheboygan County), and the villages of Mishicot (Manitowoc County) and Luxemburg (Kewaunee County) (see below for each community's sewer service area plan).
Process for requesting a Sanitary Sewer Extension Reviews and Issuance of Water Quality Management Review ('208 Review') Letter:
The Bay-Lake Regional Planning Commission ("the Commission") performs conformance reviews of public sanitary sewer extensions, facilities plans, and plumbing plans, and issues subsequent Water Quality Management Letters (often referred to as '208' letters).
The Sewer Service Areas under the water quality management jurisdiction of the Commission include:
- Cities of Manitowoc and Two Rivers, and the village of Mishicot in Manitowoc County;
- City of Marinette in Marinette County; and
- Cities of Sheboygan and Sheboygan Falls, the Villages of Howards Grove and Kohler, and the towns of Herman, Lima, Mosel, Sheboygan, Sheboygan Falls, and Wilson in Sheboygan County.
To request a water quality management review letter from the Commission, submit a letter providing an explanation of the proposed project/activity along with detailed location map(s) to:
Natural Resources Planner
Bay-Lake Regional Planning Commission
425 S Adams Street, Suite 201
Green Bay, WI 54301
Note regarding digital maps: Submission of digital engineering maps will help speed our review process. If possible, please submit engineering maps via e-mail to AngelaKA@baylakerpc.org.
- Requests must be accompanied by a check in the amount of $400.00 made payable to the "Bay-Lake Regional Planning Commission."
- Reviews will be initiated once the payment is received.
- SSA reviews and subsequent '208' letters may take up to 15 business days to complete, any requests needed sooner, should be expedited.
- A review and '208' letter issuance will be expedited upon request. An expedited request is filled within 5 business days. Expedited requests require an additional payment of $100.00 ($500 total).
State Regulations pertaining to when a water quality management review is needed:
Sewer Service Area/Water Quality Management Plans:
For more information on Water Quality Management Reviews, please contact:
Angela Kowalzek-Adrians, Natural Resources Planner
Phone: (920) 448-2820