Sheboygan Area Transportation Plan (SATP)
In order to comply with new, current and changing federal regulations, as well as to address the needs of the ever evolving urbanized and metropolitan planning areas, the Sheboygan MPO must update its transportation plan every four years as part of a continuing, cooperative and comprehensive transportation planning process. Because Sheboygan County is a nonattainment area for ground-level ozone, the transportation plan must be adopted every four years, while transportation plans in attainment areas (areas that meet EPA air quality standards for particulates, carbon monoxide, ozone and other criteria pollutants) must be adopted every five years.
The purpose of the SATP is to prepare an updated transportation plan for the Sheboygan metropolitan planning area to guide local units of government in making appropriate transportation decisions over the long-range future (at least 20 years from the year of approval).
UPDATE TO THE Year 2045 SATP
The draft Update to the Year 2045 SATP has been released for a 30 day public comment period that runs through April 25, 2019. A public hearing on the draft Update to the Year 2045 SATP will be held on April 16, 2019, at 4:00 p.m., at the Mead Public Library (Rocca Meeting Room), 710 North 8th Street, Sheboygan.
Information on draft plan content, local availability, the public hearing, and meetings regarding the plan approval process can be found here:
All of the draft chapters of the Update to the Year 2045 SATP have been completed, as follows:
- Draft Chapter 1 (Introduction)
- Draft Chapter 2 (Metropolitan Transportation Planning Process)
- Draft Chapter 3 (Profile of the Metropolitan Planning Area)
- Draft Chapter 4 (Mission Statement, Goals and Objectives)
- Draft Chapter 5 (Existing Condition of the Transportation Network)
- Draft Chapter 6 (Transportation and Land Use)
- Draft Chapter 7 (Recommended Transportation Plan)
- Draft Chapter 8 (Mitigation of Environmental Impacts of Major Transportation Projects)
- Draft Chapter 9 (Financial Plan)
The following draft appendices of the Update to the Year 2045 SATP have been completed or will be completed soon:
- Draft Appendix A (Glossary of Terms)
- Draft Appendix B (Documentation of Meeting New Federal Planning Requirements Since Approval of the Original Year 2045 SATP)
- Draft Appendix C (Conformity Assessment)
- Draft Appendix D (Financial Plan Supporting Documentation)
- Draft Appendix E (Environmental Justice)
- Draft Appendix F (Public Participation Process - to be completed upon plan approval)
- Draft Appendix G (Minutes of the Multi-Agency Environmental Consultation Meeting)
- Draft Appendix H (Sheboygan MPO Technical and Policy Advisory Committee Membership)
Year 2045 SATP
The Bay-Lake Regional Planning Commission approved the Year 2045 Sheboygan Area Transportation Plan (SATP) on May 29, 2015.
To view the Year 2045 Sheboygan Area Transportation Plan (SATP), please click on either of the links below:
- Year 2045 Sheboygan Area Transportation Plan (SATP) - Text Only 6.5MB
- Year 2045 Sheboygan Area Transportation Plan (SATP) - Text and Maps 47MB
For more information, please contact:
Jeffrey Agee-Aguayo, Transportation Planner
Phone: (920) 448-2820, Ext. 103